We have been expecting the new 2012 Chevy Camaro ZL1 to hit our showroom floors early next year for some time now. What we weren't expecting was for a fan site to leak the official Chevrolet Dealer Reference Guide.
The contents, as you can imagine are quite juicy. And after weighing it for a while, we decided not only are they too good to keep to ourselves, but that there would simply be no point. What's done is done.
2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 At a Glance
- Dimensions: Similar to the 2012 Camaro SS
- Weight: Approximately 4,120 pounds (250 pounds heavier than the 2012 Camaro SS)
- Engine: Supercharged 6.2-liter LSA V8
- Horsepower: 580
- Torque: 556 lb.-ft.
- Transmission: Tremec TR-6060 six-speed manual or THM six-speed automatic with TAPshift steering-wheel controls
- Tires: Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar G:2
- Wheel Design: 20-Inch forged alloy; 10-spoke, low-gloss; or five-spoke, high-gloss
- Exterior Colors: Crystal Red Tintcoat, Black, Ashen Gray, Imperial Blue Metallic, Inferno Orange Metallic, Rally Yellow, Silver Ice Metallic, Summit White, Victory Red
- Entertainment: Premium Boston Acoustics nine-speaker audio system
- Advanced Safety Features: Rear park assist and rear camera display
- Comfort: High-performance, six-way power control driver and passenger seats
- Add-Ons: Power sunroof, sporty stripe package, exposed carbon-fiber hood inserts
Want to take a test drive? Contact Lindsay Chevrolet, located at 15605 Jefferson Davis Highway in Woodbridge, VA. We'll be happy to arrange an appointment for you as soon as the fierce ZL1 arrives. In the mean time, remember you can always explore our entire new Chevy lineup, online; including the just-released 2012 Chevrolet Camaro SS.